Availability of Grants and Other Funding Programs
Opportunities to receive grant funding from DHHS program areas are quite limited and regular funding rounds are not held. When funds become available the opportunity to access them is usually advertised in each of the Tasmanian daily newspapers by the relevant program area. Grants are not provided to unsolicited applications.
While grants funding opportunities from DHHS program areas are limited, from time to time other grants or sponsorship may become available through other avenues including other State Government Agencies and funding programs, Commonwealth and Local Government, banks, fundraising clubs (such as the Lions and Rotary Clubs) and many well-known national companies.
Information on sources of potential funding may be found online through various links including:
- A list of Tasmanian Government funding opportunities can be found on the Tasmania Online website at http://www.tas.gov.au/tasmaniaonline (search for 'grants')
- The Department of Premier and Cabinet (http://www.dpac.tas.gov.au) also operates a Funding Alert Service, which sends email alerts to you about relevant grant programs when grant rounds open,
- The Tasmanian Community Support Levy has regular funding rounds:
- The Tasmanian Community Fund (http://www.tascom.fund.org) has grants funding programs that it regularly advertises in Tasmanian newspapers.
- Our Community (http://www.ourcommunity.com.au), is a national online information and advisory resource for community sector, education and non-profit organisations across Australia:
- GrantsLINK (http://www.grantslink.gov.au) is designed to enable individuals, businesses and communities to find government grants and assistance.