Eastern Shore Community Nursing Clinic
Eastern Shore Community Nursing have expanded and now offer a clinic which operates 5 days a week from 8:00am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday. Services available are:
- Holistic and comprehensive nursing assessment
- Health education/promotion
- Wound management
- Medication management
- Continence management
- Management of chronic conditions
- Palliative care and support
- Carer Support
- Referral to other community based services
- Bereavement visits
Should you wish to make any enquires please do not hesitate to contact Eastern Shore Community Nursing on (03) 6282 0350.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Clinics
Nurse Led Clinic – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) with Respiratory Nurse and Dietician. There is also a Respiratory Technician running Spirometry clinics at the Clarence ICC on Wednesdays.
This clinic provides increased knowledge and understanding for patients who have a lung condition. The clinic provides opportunities to: develop self management skills, access information on how to use respiratory inhalers, and discuss health behaviors to maintain health and develop support networks.
For further information please contact the Clarence ICC reception staff on (03) 6282 0300.
Eastern Shore Leg Club – Opening 13th September 2012
Leg Clubs provide community based treatment, health education and ongoing support for people of all ages with an emphasis on social interaction, participation, empathy and peer support. This has been shown to impact positively on healing and recurrence rates and help isolated people reintegrate into their communities. This is the first of it’s kind to open in Tasmania.
Leg Clubs are different from conventional ulcer clinics:
- They are community-based.
- Members are treated collectively.
- They operate on a drop-in basis.
- They incorporate a fully-integrated 'well leg' regime.
What do we offer?
- FREE MEMBERSHIP;
- Wound management in a group setting.
- Early diagnosis, treatment and education.
- Friendly, social environment.
- Flexible drop-in club on Thursdays.
- Wound healing information and advice.
- Wound prevention advice.
- Post-healing monitoring and ‘well-leg” checks to reduce wound recurrence.
- Compression stocking advice and sizing.
- Regular education sessions for members.
- Transport is available sometimes.
- Parking on-site.
- early intervention leads to quicker healing;
- members are involved in their own treatment;
- informal support group to meet with others with similar issues;
- build up self-esteem and confidence;
- members welcome to drop-in for a chat;
- life membership for all; and
- no referral is necessary.
Drop-in information service FREE
Leg Assessments / checks FREE
Dressing changes HACC Fees
HACC fees - $5 for pensioners or $20 for non-pensioners
Some dressings are provided by the club, others you may be asked to purchase.
The Leg Club clinic is held every Thursday from 10am to 2pm.
For further information, please contact Eastern Shore Community Nursing: Telephone 6282 0350.