Nursing careers in Tasmania
Nurses are the largest health professional group in the Tasmanian public health care system. With over 360 service delivery sites located across the State, as a registered or enrolled nurse you can choose from a variety of career and lifestyle options to suit your individual knowledge, skills, and goals. The opportunities, rewards and lifestyle options available to you are rich and varied and well worth considering. (more..)
What we offer
Join our dedicated nurses in the delivery of high quality innovative care and take advantage of the support, incentives and rewards on offer for professional advancement and career development.
- Generous employment conditions and allowances are available under our Nurses Award and Agreement. Additional remuneration for higher level qualifications in your area of practice and packages that may include superannuation, salary packaging at eligible sites, salary sacrifice for superannuation and comprehensive leave packages.
- Flexible workplaces. Options to balance career, lifestyle choices and family commitments include: varied employment mechanisms, job sharing, banking of hours and ADO's, staggered start and finish times and varied shift lengths, flexible rostering, and providing choice over selection of shifts where clinically and operationally appropriate.
- Comprehensive orientation and induction to the practice area to suit your individual needs
- Research and development, and close collaboration with the Tasmanian School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Postgraduate courses. We may provide sponsorship in some areas. Attainment of a relevant post-graduate qualification may attract a postgraduate allowance
- Relocation packages, assistance with professional registration and immigration may be available to support your move to Tasmania.
Visit our nursing and midwifery website to find out more on what's happening in the profession in Tasmania
Diverse statewide locations
Our nurses are integral to the quality and reach of a diverse range of health and well being services across urban, rural and remote island settings in our beautiful island state. Choose from a variety of career and lifestyle options to suit your individual knowledge, skills, interests and goals. Take care of yourself and discover our world. Explore our interactive map to find out more.
For more information
- Transition to Practice positions
- Contact us
- Tasmanian Health Service - Northern Region (including Launceston General Hospital)
- Tasmanian Health Service - North West Region (Including North West Regional and Mersey Community Hospitals)
- Tasmanian Health Service - Southern Region (including the Royal Hobart Hospital)
- Mental Health Services
- Children and Youth Services
- Returning to Nursing
- Working in Tasmania
- How to become a Nurse
- How to become a Midwife