June 6 marks the National Cyber Security Awareness Week – an Australian Government initiative implemented with industry, community groups, consumers, and state and territory governments.
The National Cyber Security Awareness Week message is there are six simple things you can do to improve your online security:
1. Install security software and update it regularly.
2. Turn on automatic updates so all your software receives the latest fixes.
3. Get a stronger password and change it at least twice a year.
4. Stop and think before you click on links or attachments.
5. Stop and think before you share any personal or financial information about yourself, your friends or family.
6. Know what your children are doing online. Make sure they know how to stay safe and encourage them to report anything suspicious.
For more info about online security at work visit the Tasmanian Government Information Security Framework . For details on National Cyber Security Awareness Week events and for practical advice about improving your cyber security visit: www.staysmartonline.gov.au