$1 million is now available through the Food for All Tasmanians Grants Program to fund projects that:
- improve food access and affordability for
- people living on low incomes, especially households dependent on government benefits and allowances
- children, especially children of low income single parent families
- older people, especially those who are isolated or living alone
- isolated places where healthy food is difficult to get or absent
- connect people to local, low cost and nutritious food
- develop and enhance existing community driven food solutions.
- involve collaboration between Emergency Food Relief (EFR) providers, community food programs, food distributors and/or food producers.
The Tasmanian Government is seeking applications from organisations across community, government and business to help create immediate and practical action for locally identified food security issues.
Funding proposals should involve collaboration, for example between Emergency Food Relief (EFR) providers, community food programs, food distributors and/or food producers.
Proposals can be valued up to $200 000. The Tasmanian Government will consider a range of applications, including larger coalitions with significant impact and reach and smaller projects that offer significant innovation and local outcomes.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 10 September 2012.
The guidelines for the Food for All Tasmanians Grants Program provide information about the criteria and funding process for the grants program. The guidelines and application forms are available at http://www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/siu/grants
A Community Nutrition Unit team member is available to provide assistance to organisations interested in applying. For assistance please contact:
Community Nutrition Unit, Department of Health and Human Services
Phone: (03) 6222 7222
Applications can be posted to:Food for All Tasmanians Fund Social Inclusion Unit Department of Premier and Cabinet GOP Box 123 HOBART TAS 7001
or submitted electronically by the due date to SIU@dpac.tas.gov.au.
The Food for All Tasmanians Grants Program is part of a $5 million Cost of Living Package to help Tasmanians meet cost of living pressures.