A peak clinical advisory group that will help drive positive change in Tasmania’s health system was launched on 14 November 2012.
The Tasmanian Lead Clinicians Group will play a strong role in consulting with and engaging clinicians from across the Tasmanian health sector.
With national health reforms underway and the Tasmanian Health Organisations in place, this group will shortly begin updating Tasmania’s Health Plan to ensure Tasmanians get healthcare of the highest quality and value.
The peak group will be chaired by Dr Alasdair MacDonald. Members were appointed based on their skills and experience.
Tasmanian Lead Clinicians Group
- Professor Michael Ashby, Palliative Care Specialist
- Ms Giuliana Murfet, Nurse Practitioner
- Mr Brian Kirkby, General and Vascular Surgeon
- Professor Matthew Jose, Nephrologist and Professor of Medicine UTAS
- Ms Paula Hyland, Speech Pathologist
- Dr John Davis, General Practitioner
- Ms Melinda Rose, Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Ms Catherine Schofield, Mental Health Nurse
- Dr Craig Quarmby, Plastics and Reconstructive Surgeon
- Dr Leanne Jones, General Practitioner
- Ms Tina Ivanov, Paramedic
- Dr Ben Elijah, Psychiatrist
- Associate Professor Bert Shugg, Paediatrician