The Launceston City Mission seeks to provide assistance to all who have a physical, emotional, social or spiritual need.
The Mission has a wide variety of services to offer the community. Those services include:
- Morton's Place – Friendship and meals for the homeless and lonely
- Family Services – Emergency assistance for families and individuals
- Rainbows – for children dealing with grief and loss
- Prisoner support – transport to southern prisons for family members of offenders
- Outreach trailers –Operating both in Launceston and along the North West Coast
- Crisis, short term and long term accommodation - at Orana House and Serenity House
- Missiondale – Addiction recovery
- Youth and Children's work – Outreach, in-school programs, Youth Centre and mentoring
- Club Monday – small groups for ladies
- Chaplaincy and Prayer support
For more information regarding all of these services and what they offer please refer to the website www.citymission.org.au
How to contact us or make a booking
Office hours:Monday-Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
46 Frederick Street
Phone: 6335 3000
156 George Town Road
Phone: 6326 6133 (24/7 for emergencies only)
No referrals are needed unless already a client of another agency.
The Mission's services are aimed at providing for the needy and therefore are free. However, accommodation services and Missiondale incur a living cost.
Administrative Phone Number
(03) 6335 3000