Our contact details:
Phone: (03) 64 347 280
Fax: (03) 64 347 288
We are located at:
5th Floor Reece House, 46 Mount Street, Burnie 7320 (Scroll to the bottom of the page to find us on the map)
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am till 5.00pm.
Our multi disciplinary team is made up of Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Psychologists, a Clinical Nurse Specialist and an Occupational Therapist.
CAMHS is available to young people who require assistance in managing emotional, social and behavioural difficulties.
This is a free, voluntary and confidential service for young people under 18.
The preferred method of referral to all Mental Health Services is via the Mental Health Services Helpline on 1800 332 388.
Another service may also refer you with your consent.
Some of the problems that people bring to us:
- Anxiety and stress
- Self harm
- Compulsive behaviours
- Fears and Phobias
- Hallucination and delusional thinking
- Eating disorders
- Sleep Problems
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
What we will do:
- Once you have been referred to CAMHS there is a team meeting where we discuss all the new referrals.
- If your referral is accepted we allocate your case to a professional clinician.
- Sometimes you might have to go on a waiting list.
- If we have your permission (and your guardians) we will request information/reports from other services who have seen you, like your school or your Doctor.
- At your first appointment we spend time talking with you and maybe your parent/carer about what the problem is.
- We also like to know how you are/were going at school, if you had/have any medical concerns, who is in your family and how everyone gets on.
- We like to find out about what you like, your skills and strengths.
- Once we have a good idea of what the problem is together we will work on a Care Plan.
- What your goals are
- How we can meet them
- How many times we will meet
- We will regularly review your plan with you so we know we are all on the right track.
Other helpful bits:
- If you would like to bring a friend along that’s Ok by us.
- If you are under 16 we need permission from your legal guardian before we can do any work with you.
- At your first appointment allow about 1 1/2 hours. Before you see a worker you will need to complete some forms with our receptionist.
- This service is for young people so we like to hear your ideas. If you would like to be part of a young person’s consumer group we would be happy to hear from you.
- We do keep a file about you and this is kept in a locked area (you will get more information about this when you visit).
View Larger Map
Administrative Phone Number
(03) 64 347 280